The first thing that hits your mind on hearing the term solar is the sun. Solar panels, solar heaters, solar heat pumps all of them derive energy from the rays of the sun. They use the eco-friendly renewable source of energy for their functioning. In a way, all these appliances help to save you a bundle of money that you would have needed to spend on other forms of appliances along with saving your electricity charges.
How does a pump using solar energy works?
A solar pump or a solar heat pump looks like a reverse refrigerator, which functions transferred the warm atmospheric air to the water that is kept stored in the heater to get it hot. The solar heat pump works even in cold weather. Solar pumps operate using three basic components:
• Solar cell- it collects the direct rays of the sun and gets them converted into electrical energy for further use i.e. in its functioning. The solar cells are covered by either silicon or any other semiconductor material that possess the ability to generate direct electricity from the sun’s rays.
• Wiring- the wiring within the panel transfers i.e. circulates the generated electricity from the solar cell to the pump to facilitate is functioning of moving the water.
• Battery- some systems function using the battery that gets charged when it’s the sun is overhead emitting its rays. The battery then helps in the use of the pump during the night.
Check out the variety of options
Generally, the solar pumps are of 2 types: namely the surface pumps and the submersible pumps. While the surface pumps are placed above the ground and use pipes for moving water; the submersible pumps are installed underground and used to move the water from the surface of the wall. The difference that lies between a surface and submersible pump is that while the former is handy and easily accessible for moving a greater quantity of water; the latter moves the same quantity but taking longer time duration. For irrigation and farming purpose; the surface pump is one of its best kinds to be used.
Know about the installation method
Installing of this kind of pumps should be done taking into consideration a few things such as:
• For ensuring efficient functioning of the solar pane
l; the same has to be placed in a direction receiving the maximum rays of the sun.
• The solar cells can also be placed on the ground or over a pole in the same direction that is considered when placed over the roof.
• Install solar collectors for preventing any damage caused by children or animals.
Take care of these factors, and you are all set to use it.